The Back to Ours programme is about what we’re programming, but also what we’re producing and commissioning from other artists to engage new audiences.
Questions we’re always asking:
- Is the work of quality?
- Is this something new for people?
- Is it ambitious?
- Will it excite people?
- Is it risky?
- Does it develop existing audiences? Or develop new ones?
- Can people resonate with the work?
- Why programme this particular work/artist? Why now?
- Will people want more?
- Can the work be presented to a high standard?
- Does it present any barriers to participation and engagement?
- Who’ll be affected and how can those barriers be overcome?