You might have previously joined us as part of Hull UK City of Culture – well now we’re back with even more spectacle, sparkle, laughs and brilliant acts in familiar places, right on your doorstep.
At the very core of Back to Ours is people. We want YOU to take the lead in choosing, creating and taking part in amazing art experiences, as participants, decision-makers, artists, volunteers and, of course, audiences.
We know that cultural experiences bring communities together, but they also have a much bigger impact on local areas, on people and their families. We aim to make a lasting change in communities, increasing the number of people inspired by the arts, as well as supporting skills development and growing ambition and creativity in neighbourhoods.
- To deliver outstanding arts and cultural experiences with and for the people of Hull, which are open and welcome to all;
- To continue to support the commissioning, production, creation and touring of new, original and inspirational work;
- To engage local people as audiences, participants, creators and commissioners;
- To bring the arts to life in familiar settings as you’ve never seen them before;
- To work with creative partners to ensure sustainability.